Delbridge Racing's Best Season
Aug 02, 2010
The final day of the 2009/10 racing season was held on Saturday 31st July 2010 with Delbridge Racing recording its best ever season.
Delbridge Racing provided our owners and supporters with plenty of individual winners and prizemoney from our small but quality team of runners during the 2009/2010 year including the well performed gallopers Shamoline Warrior, Starry Eyed, Translation, Georgia’s Boy (pictured) and Escargot all winning during the season.
With many of our older successful gallopers such as Longstreet, Drizzle, Ginspiel, Comic Echo, Fiddes now retired we are waiting on our next batch of exciting youngsters to hit the track so 2010/2011 should be an even bigger year.
Some of the key highlights for Delbridge Racing in the 2009/10 racing season included:
- 66 runners for 13 winners at a winning strike-rate of 20% or 1 in 5 runners winning and with 44% of our runners finishing in the first three placegetters.
- 5 individual winners from only 10 individual horses to race for a 50% winning success rate
- Prizemoney of $477k won for our owners with 64% of our runners winning prizemoney
- won 6 city races with 46% of our winners in city class
- 40% of our horses won city class races with Shamoline Warrior, Starry Eyed, Translation and Georgia’s Boy winning in either Melbourne or Adelaide metropolitan races
- First Group 3 and listed winner in SHAMOLINE WARRIOR who was successful in the Group 3 Norman Robinson at Caulfield.
- Two winners and a second in two states on 2009 Underwood stakes day
Delbridge Racing looks forward to the year ahead with our 2010 spring team all in full training.
With 10 unraced horses on our books and many of our top gallopers being prepared for spring riches the future for Delbridge Racing owners is looking even brighter.
We have some very well bred and well conformed youngsters coming through including horses by Darci Brahma, Lucky Unicorn, Oratorio (IRE), Zabeel, Churchill Downs, Keep the Faith, Snippetson and Niello.